An upgraded TelusHealth.com online hub, which its creators say is designed to improve the health of Canadians and the effectiveness of the country's healthcare system as a whole, went live this week.
They say services information such as eClaims, personal health records and home care monitoring will be easier to access and understand, and information will be tailored for each industry and Canadian province
*"We believe that for Canada's healthcare industry to truly improve, it must harness the power of the very same technologies that are revolutionizing every other industry -- from banking, airlines and insurance, to automotive and beyond," said Paul Lepage, senior vice-president, Telus Health.
The site is designed to:
* Empower doctors, nurses and extended health teams to share information and provide integrated care efficiently and cost-effectively
* Offer doctors, patients and their families the ability to share information anytime and anywhere, further involving patients in managing their own health
* Enable pharmacists to provide better medication management and healthcare services for clients
* Improve benefits claims management to make it more efficient for employees, companies and insurance providers
* Allow hospitals, governments and health system managers to analyze information and determine best practices, evidence-based treatments and improve quality of care.